« My name is Forrest. Forrest Gump. » Tom Hanks in the role of this « simple » character has seduced several million people around the world. Forrest Gump travels across the United States, marking the history of the country at every turn.
Here are some famous filming locations:
– Chippewa Square, Savannah, Georgia
Especially brought by the production, the four benches filmed for the feature film are no longer on location. The city of Savannah was able to recover a copy, which is kept in the Savannah History Museum.
– Run, Forrest, run!: 3547 Combahee Road, Yemassee, South Carolina
– Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool: Washington, DC
Forrest Gump addresses the crowd in front of the Lincoln Memorial where Martin Luther King Jr. gave his famous « I Have a Dream » speech in 1963.
– Watergate Hotel: 2650 Virginia Avenue North West, Washington DC
Innocently, Forrest Gump calls the front desk of this hotel, historic site of the famous scandal that occurred in 1972.
– Forrest Gump Hill: US-163 Scenic, Mexican Hat, Utah
After three years of running across the United States stopping only to eat or sleep, Forrest decides to stop, for no apparent reason, at this very spot in Monument Valley.
– Greenbow, Alabama: Varnville, South Carolina
The Forrest Gump’s fictitious town used many sets including those of Varnville.
– University of Alabama Football Stadium: Weingart Stadium, Monterey Park, California
– Fripp Island and Hunting Island State Park, South Carolina
It is on these islands that most of the scenes related to the Vietnam War were filmed.
– Marshall Point Lighthouse: Port Clyde, Maine, USA
Contact: Fantrippers, Damien Salle, Tel: 06 64 33 87 72, Email: email@example.com